David Peat Park Trustees
David Peat Park was given by David Peat to the Borough Council by Deed of Trust, as a recreation ground for the use of children attending primary schools in Wanganui. The council as a whole took on the duties of trustees. In 1924 part of the land was released from the trust, so it could be used for general purposes of public recreation and instruction (e.g. sports grounds). From 1924, it appears that matters relating to the park were dealt with by various council committees, in particular the Reserves Committee.