Eketahuna County Council
In November 1898 the Eketahuna County Council was created from the Eketahuna Road District which was part of the Wairarapa North County Council. In 1915 the county almost doubled in size when the Alfredton Riding joined from the neighbouring Masterton County. In 1975 the Eketahuna Borough Council amalgamated with the County. In October 1989 the Eketahuna County Council amalgamated with four other councils to form the Tararua District Council.