Halcombe Town Board
The Halcombe Town Board was formed in 1880 as part of the Manawatu County. In 1883 the Oroua County Council was created and the Board came under that. In 1884 the Counties act was suspended within Oroua, which transferred the powers of the county to the Town Board and the Road Boards within the Oroua boundaries. In 1903 the Counties act was brought back into force and the Oroua County was reformed, this removed a number of powers and responsibilities from the Town Board. In 1912 the Board was absorbed into the County and ceased to operate.