Hunterville Pest Destruction Board
The Hunterville Rabbit Board was formed in 1925 and adopted an inspectorial policy which meant that no staff were directly employed for rabbit control. In the mid 1940s the Board changed this by adopting a killer policy and began employing staff to carry out rabbit control. In 1968 due to changing legislation the Rabbit Board became a Pest Destruction Board. In March 1974 the Board amalgamated with the Patea Waitotara and Wanganui Pest Destruction Boards to form the Western Pest Destruction Board.