Kairanga County Council
The Kairanga County Council was established in 1902 as a result of the amalgamation of the Manawatu Road Board and the Fitzherbert Road Board. The County amalgamated with the Manawatu County in 1988 to form the first Manawatu District Council. In 1989 most of the former Kairanga County territory was amalgamated into the Palmerston North City Council boundary. The PNCC became the owners of the KCC records, which included records of the previous administrations of the Manawatu Road Board and the Fitzherbert Road Board.