Linton Domain Board
The Linton Domain Board was constituted in 1919 to administer a 4-acre domain in the township of Linton. The membership of the Board consisted of the members of the Kairanga County Council until 1944, when a board of nine local residents were appointed. The Secretary of the Board was the County Clerk. In 1977 the membership of the Board was reconstituted, with the members of the Kairanga County Council again resuming control of the Board. The Board remained in existence until the local government restructuring of 1989, when it was abolished and control of the land passed to the Palmerston North City Council.