Patangata County Council
The Patangata County Council was formed in 1885, after splitting from the Waipawa County Council. The Weber Road Board was formed within the County circa 1890 and in turn this formed the basis of the Weber County Council, which split from Patangata in 1902. In 1974 the Patangata County merged with the Waipukurau County Council. In turn that County merged with Waipukurau Borough to form the Waipukurau District Council in 1977.Waipukurau District then merged with the Waipawa District to form the Central Hawke’s Bay District Council in 1989. No records are held for this County or for the successors which fall outside of the current (2010) Tararua District Council boundaries. The archives of this council are held by the Central Hawkes Bay District Council.