Wanganui and Waitotara Highway District Board
The first meeting of the Board’s wardens was held on 4 September 1872. Its area appears to have included a large part of south Taranaki, from the Whenuakura River to Wanganui, out to Castlecliff, up the Wanganui River to Kemp’s Pole, and the Waitotara-Brunswick area. With the formation of the Waitotara County Council in 1884 the Board was disestablished, with the new County Council taking over its functions. The final meeting was held 2 June 1884.