Wanganui East/Eastbrook Borough Council
Eastbrook Borough Council was constituted on 1 December 1907. The first election was held at the office of the Mataongaonga Road Board, Eastbrook, on 19 December 1907, and the first meeting of the Council was on 9 January 1908. The name changed to Wanganui East Borough Council as from 1 April 1909. Prior to the formation of the Borough Council, the area had been administered by Wanganui County Council. The Borough Council held its final meeting on 20 December 1912. As from 31 December 1912, Wanganui East was amalgamated with Wanganui Borough Council.