Wanganui Town Board
The 1862 Act provided for a Board of Wardens to manage local public works and matters, streets, sewerage, and the preservation of the health of the inhabitants of the Town of Wanganui. The first Town Board was elected at a public meeting held in the Phoenix Hotel on 25 July 1862. The Board comprised a chairman and seven wardens, with the first meeting taking place on 28 July 1862. The Town Board was replaced by the Wanganui Borough Council in 1872.