Palmerston North City Council
The Palmerston North City Council (PNCC) was originally formed in 1877 as a Borough Council. In 1930 it became a City Council and in the local government reorganisation of the 1980s the boundaries were expanded to take in parts of Oroua County Council and most of Kairanga County Council.
The PNCC Collection is one arm of the Ian Matheson City Archives (IMCA) and is digitally hosted by Archives Central. The Collection contains the records of the City Council and numerous predecessor organisations, such as the County Councils, Road Boards, Town Boards and Domain Boards, that operated within the current Palmerston North City Boundaries from 1872-1989. Also incorporated into IMCA, but hosted on other sites, are the IMCA Community Archives and IMCA Photograph Collection.
The types of records found in the PNCC archives include:
- Accounts records;
- Aerial Photographs;
- Correspondence files;
- Electoral rolls;
- Engineering plans;
- Minute books, report books and meeting papers;
- Rate books and valuation rolls;
- Subdivision files;
- Survey plans;
- Town planning records