Pair of chairs made by Pegdens furniture store and refurbished by C.M. Ross Co. for the occasion of the Civic Dinner for Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, when they visited Palmerston North 6-7 January 1954. The dinner was held in the C.M. Ross Co. tearooms. C.M. Ross was sold to Milne and Choyce in 1959 who later donated the chairs to the city. c 1953.
Held on permanent display on the 2nd floor, Palmerston North City Library.
Has beginning date
created by (RiC-R027): Palmerston North City Council, Town Clerk’s Department
Ian Matheson City Archives
Is associated with place
Palmerston North City
Palmerston North City Council