Archives Central is subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993, which is supervised by the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
When do we collect Your Data?
We collect Your Data from you when you:
- Register on this website;
- Make a complaint or enquiry or provide other feedback whether to other users or to us through this site; and,
- Choose to disclose your data to us through our website or any other point.
What do we mean by "Your Data"?
"Your Data" means any information about you which is personally identifiable, including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, user name, password, comments and other information from which you can be identified and which you may disclose to us.
How does Archives Central use Your Data?
We use Your Data to:
- Monitor, develop and improve the Archives Central website;
- Administer your registration as a user;
- Process your request for a document or documents, or otherwise process Cart transactions made on this website;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquires made by or about you; and,
- Monitor and investigate any suspected breach of the Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to moderate, amend, edit or remove information or data on the website that comes to our attention and is in breach or potentially in breach of the Terms and Conditions.
Will Archives Central pass Your Data to third parties?
Archives Central may pass Your Data to other people as follows:
- To our employees, agents and partners to administer this website now or in the future;
- In some cases, we may use a technical partner to conduct some processing of Your Data on our behalf in providing the services and website, but this is always subject to strict contractual control;
- Some general statistical information about the user base, use patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties. This will not include personal details or information that is able to personally identifying you; and,
- We may disclose Your Data to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers, your parents, teacher or legal guardian in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of this website’s Terms and Conditions by you.
We strongly recommend that you do not use your full name or disclose any other personal details about yourself that you do not want to be visible and available to other viewers;
Always think carefully before disclosing Your Data or other information to other users or posting Your Data on this website. It is important that you are aware that any of Your Data or other information which you choose to disclose on the website may then be viewed and even used by other users. As stated in the Terms and Conditions Archives Central has no control over the contents of communications made between users although you can make a complaint about another user as detailed in the Terms and Conditions.
You must respect the privacy of others and you should not disclose any personal details about other people that may be misleading or cause them harm or offence. It is your responsibility to obtain their prior permission in respect of any mention of them where relevant.
Other than in the circumstances outlined above, we will not provide Your Data to any third party without your consent or unless we are required to do so by law. By way of example only, Archives Central may have obligations under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987 (the “Act”), which makes official information held by local authorities more accessible. The underlying principle of the Act is that Official Information should be disclosed on request, to the extent that the disclosure is consistent with the public interest and the preservation of personal privacy. Complaints about the disclosure of official information by local authorities are the responsibility of the Ombudsmen.
Archives Central endeavours to take all reasonable steps to protect Your Data. All data collected by us is stored on a secure server. The secure server software encrypts all information inputted before being sent to us.
For more information on cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information provided by the Interactive Advertising Bureau at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Access to and Updating Your Data
You may access and update Your Data by selecting the My Account button at top right of the site. You must make sure that you update Your Data as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes. You are also entitled to request access to Your Data and correction of it, if necessary.
Please be aware that Archives Central may link to other web sites, which may be accessed by you through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies, content or security of these linked web sites.